Monday, April 2, 2012

Water Marble with Ugly Colors


So I figured I was overdue for a water marble so I went to the drawer. I thought pastel for Spring or vibrant to bring in the nice weather...then I thought....ugly colors. We all have them, and some of us don't know why. I feel like my preference in polish is changing as time goes on and I am oddly attracted to the 'ugly' colors.

I used China Glaze Trendsetter and Borghese Euro Green for this marble. I used room temperature water in a shot glass I always use for marbling. I applied one coat of Trendsetter to my nails before marbling to make the colors more opaque. Instead of the norm tape I have been using vaseline on my cuticle and skin. The polish wipes away very easily and I find it easier than taping. I create my design with a toothpick, cleaning it every other swipe in the polish to keep it clean.




Hope you like my ugly mani!
xo Meg

2 comments:

  1. Vaseline instead of tape is a brilliant idea! Thanks for the tip, I think I'll use your method next time I'm in the mood for a water marble :)

    ReplyDelete